Release notes 4.1.2
IdentityProvider 4.1.2-20220211.4 was released on March 7th, 2022
A complete makeover of the IdentityProvider based on modern technologies will bring you an easier and more secure user and client experience. This will greatly improve the performance experience when using the Avola Modeler.
The migration to this version was successfully applied on March 18th, 2022.
- To further prevent brute force attacks; Users, API accounts and IP addresses get blocked for a few minutes after several failed login attempts
- We made it a lot easier and more secure for new users to setup their account. No more temporary passwords in your mailbox. Just click the link you receive and start typing your desired password
- Private Cloud Customers have an option to use Single Sign On for the Avola Modeler. We now support the more modern SAML- instead of the WD-Federation- sign-in protocol to connect to your domain-controller
- User security tokens expiration is now way shorter to increase the security
Bug fixes & enhancements
- Updated to .Net 5.0 framework
- Updated to IdentityServer4, version 4.1.2
- For new users it was possible to bypass the password change on first login. It is now mandatory to set a new password before logging in to Avola
- Improved Content Security Policy headers
- Improved the password reset experience
- Users might experience unexpected logouts in the Avola 2.x modeler, version 3 of Avola will be released shortly
- Users might get asked an additional time to change their password in the Avola 2.x modeler, version 3 of Avola will be released shortly