Release notes 3.0.1
Avola 220.127.116.1120620.6 was released on June 21st, 2022
Significant improvements on both front-end and back-end mark this release as a departure from the Avola Decision version 2 series. This release is planned as the first one in a schedule of upcoming monthly releases.
- An all-new redesigned ‘Decision Table editor’
- A redesigned ‘Decision Table overview’.
- New layout, removed paging, default link to ‘Decision Table editor’, implementation of favourites.
- A redesigned ‘Decision Service overview’.
- New layout, removed paging, default link to ‘Decision Service versions’, implementation of favourites.
- A redesigned wizard for adding a decision table / condition / business data.
- New layout and added functionality, e.g. directly creating a new list
- The backend framework is upgraded to modern frameworks.
- The internet facing backend applications are also rebuilt in the new framework while for the time being the business logic remains in an updated version of the older framework. This gives us the opportunity to migrate step by step to the most modern technologies, with the latest scalability options, security, and performance benefits, while ensuring the same functionality of the decision engine.
- During these migrations we have also tried to simplify the infrastructure, centralize the configuration, updated some external libraries, and improved the logging for support and maintenance purposes. A major cleanup!
- Migration of the front-end from ‘AngularJS 1.6’ to ‘Angular 11.2.7’.
- The core of the Avola Modeler is now completely rebuilt in Angular and various pages are migrated as well. Other pages are still in AngularJS and are now displayed within an iframe of the new Modeler. The migration of the remaining pages from AngularJS to Angular will be a central focus in upcoming releases. While migrating these pages, improvements will be made in functionality and user interface.
- New ‘Angular-based’ UI elements
- Top menu bar, including the search field and notifications menu
- Righthand side menu
- Navigation history
- New ‘Angular-based’ pages
- Decision table
- Linked knowledge sources (moved to side panel)
- Linked metadata (moved to side panel)
- Decision definition (moved to side panel)
- Decision services (overview page)
- Decision tables (overview page)
- Hit Analysis
- Execution count
- Execution export (former BI Export)
- Manage organization
- My account
- Regular expressions
Enhancements and bugfixes
- We improved security significantly based on independent third-party penetration testing.
- For security reasons you will be automatically logged out from the Avola Modeler after idle time.
- Users can use the two-factor authentication option again. Due to a bug this feature was temporary unavailable. Go to ‘My account’ and click on ‘Set up two-factor authentication’ to make your Avola account extra secure.
- We fixed a bug in the test scenarios. Once a test scenario was saved or executed, you were unable to change the value of a numeric input parameter to the value ‘0’. (Support tickets #2215 and #2275)
- Access to Swagger of the Execution API is now available for API account. It is no longer possible to access the Execution Swagger with an Avola Modeler account.